Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sterling Scholar

As many of you know, I was selected as the Math Sterling Scholar for Carbon High. Well, the competition was today and I am so stinkin' glad it is over! I have been waiting for this day for 6 months! WOO! In the competition, I thought I did pretty good. I got one of the Runner-Up positions. I am perfectly happy with that! At first, I did think that I had a better shot of winning the dang thing, because I thought that I did really good on the interview and my book was really nice, I thought. But as I was looking at the other competitor's books, I knew my chance was shot. One of the other competitors, Brett, had scored a 35 on the ACT test, and a 36 on the Mathematic section. Well shoot! If any of you know the ACT grading scale, a 36 is a perfect score! There was absolutely no way that I could beat him. I just couldn't top it. But I am happy for him; I met him and he is an incredibly nice guy. So I thought I did pretty good under the circumstances. :D



We could never look at the cameras at the same time! None of us were ever smiling together! :D

Myself with my friends Rebecca and Katie, both who also were Runner-Ups for their categories, English and Music.

1 comment:

Mikelle said...

I think that's awesome. And just think--who really wants to win 1st place--you gotta 100 bucks--isn't that better anyway?? Just kidding, we are really excited for you and can't wait to see you next week!! And ps can you please bring Mario party 8 and 2 Wii remotes, Spencer cannot stop asking to call you. I told him he has to wait until this weekend, but seriously he asks 5000 times a day!