Friday, August 22, 2008

Great Things

Well this was my first official week of my High School Senior year. And I must say that it certainly is great. School is alright. I am taking some interesting classes this year, and most of them I am excited for. I am taking Seminary, Calculus, Government & World Civilization, Nutrition, Intro to Literature, and Human Development Through the Life Span. The last two classes being at the college. Well anyways, back to the title of the post, I have officially discovered three great things this past week.

1-Concurrent Enrollment = Taking classes at the college while still in high school is perhaps the greatest thing ever! I am taking four classes at the high school and the rest are at the college. My whole afternoon is devoted to college classes, which I only have on Mondays and Wednesdays. So pretty much, I get out of school on the other three days at 12:00. (Technically at 11:30, but there is lunch then and Mom says I need the "social time")
2-Heating Pads = This past week, I have been having some pains throughout my body, which I blame school stress for, but I just plop the heat on the painful area, and BAM!! I feel much better.
3-Banana Flavored Icee = I don't know if most of you know, but i LOVE Icees! Yesterday I just felt like I wanted something cold and delicious, so I decided to make a pit stop at Maverik and get an Icee. To my surprise, however, there was not a blue raspberry Icee or even a cherry Icee. There was a banana Icee! I know that sounds interesting but honestly, it is perhaps one of the greatest things I have ever discovered! I love them! In fact...I just might go and get another one today! Yay! :D

So there you have it! The three greatest things of the week! (thus the name of the post ;D) And know that it is because of Concurrent Enrollment that I am home writing this at the current time. I am NOT sluffing school. And that is just so that I do not get fifty phone calls from everyone making sure I am doing the "right thing".
~MeL~

1 comment:

jayandmeganlott said...

Love Maverick. We just stopped there for the first time in forever a couple of days ago, and I have another new thing for you to try. If they ever have root beer flavored frozen yogurt, get the swirl with vanilla. It really does taste like a root beer float, and it is so yummy. I bought a large one to share with the kids and I pigged out and ate almost the whole thing. You are so lucky to be able to take college classes while in high school. Back in the olden days I couldn't do that. Enjoy your next week of your senior year.